One in Four Social Security Disability Payments are for Mental Illness
Despite greater awareness about mental illness, it continues to be misunderstood and often maligned. Recently a mental health expert shared these facts about mental illness with a civic group in Bogalusa, La.:
- One in three Americans ages 15-55 will at some point develop a mental illness.
- One in five experiences a diagnosable mental condition in any given year.
- Mental disorders are often exasperated by a chronic medical condition such as cardiovascular disease or obesity.
- Mental illness is more common than cancer, diabetes, heart disease or any other major public health concern.
- Psychiatric disorders are the number one reason for hospital admissions.
- About one in four Social Security Disability payments are made to people with mental illness.
If you have a severe mental disorder that prevents you from working, you could be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits. To make sure your claim is handled correctly, you should consult an experienced disabilities benefits attorney.
The Florida Social Security Disability lawyers at Disparti Law Group, P.A., know the Social Security system extremely well and will work to get you the benefits you need.
We will help you with every aspect of your case, including the long application and the collection of all necessary medical forms and documents. While you concentrate on getting better and caring for your family, let our disabilities benefits lawyers deal with all the phone calls and government minutiae.
For a free evaluation of your Social Security Disability claim, call us at 866-678-1391 or just fill out our online form. Disparti Law Group, P.A., assists people with SSD applications in Tampa, Holiday, New Port Richey, Spring Hill, Land O’Lakes, Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, St. Petersburg and surrounding areas.