Phone: (312) 210-1616
Bob has spent much of his legal career as an employment and civil rights attorney in Illinois. He has been a tireless advocate for the people in countless civil rights cases and trials which have led to many state and federal verdicts and appellate court decisions.
When Bob sees injustice, he steps up. He fought for the family of Baby Tamia in one of Illinois’ highest-profile adoption cases which led to fundamental changes in our adoption law.
As a partner in the law firm Roth Fioretti and later Fioretti Campbell, Bob demonstrated mastery in areas of law including governmental law, complex litigation, and civil rights. He is a seasoned civil litigator with experience in a variety of cases before state and federal administrative law judges as well as state and federal courts. Bob is also a trained and certified legal mediator.
Bob has also counseled countless Illinois municipalities in all aspects of law including the City of Chicago as Corporation Counsel.
Bob is well respected in the courtroom by those he represents, fellow litigators and attorneys, as well as by members of the judiciary. On several occasions, Bob has been appointed as a Special Assistant Attorney General in Illinois and as a Special State’s Attorney.
Bob Fioretti’s service is not limited to legal clients. Bob has been active in the Chicago and Cook County communities for many years, serving two terms on the Chicago City Council as 2nd Ward Alderperson. His focus as 2nd Ward Alderperson was providing high-quality education throughout the City of Chicago and strengthening communities through economic and community development. Bob’s efforts while serving as Alderman helped create more than 8,000 jobs.
He is currently an adjunct faculty member at the Northern Illinois University, College of Law.
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Complex Litigation
- Business & Intellectual Property
- Governmental Law
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, ISBA General Assembly
- Illinois Supreme Court, Character and Fitness Committee
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee (Former Chair)/Board of Managers/Anti-Human Trafficking Committee (Vice Chair)
- Historic Pullman Foundation, Past President
- George M. Pullman Educational Foundation Board, Secretary
- Easterseals Chicago, Former Board Member
- Chicago Childrens Advocacy Center, Advisory Board Member
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA in Political Science
- Student Body President
- Northern Illinois University, College of Law, Juris Doctor
- NIU National Alumni Association, Past President
- NIU College of Law Alumni Council, Past President