Signs of Mercury Poisoning

Mercury occurs naturally on the earth, but when humans are exposed to high levels of it, they are at risk for damages to their brain, heart, kidneys, lungs, and immune system. A commonly occurring form of mercury, methylmercury, builds up in fish and shellfish in a highly toxic form. Mercury is also found in household items such as glass thermometers and CFL lightbulbs. If a child is exposed to high levels of methylmercury, it may affect how the nervous system develops, making it more difficult to learn.

Common Symptoms of Mercury Poisoning

Mercury is not only found in the fish we eat. It can also be found in products we use at home, at work, even at schools everyday. Common symptoms of mercury poisoning include:

  • “Pins and needles” sensation
  • Impairment of peripheral vision
  • Lack of coordination
  • Speech and hearing impairment
  • Muscle weakness
  • Difficulty walking

If for any reason you suspect you’ve been exposed to toxic levels of mercury or have mercury poisoning, it’s imperative that you see a doctor right away.

Contact a Chicago Premise Liability Lawyer

If you or someone you know has suffered from mercury poisoning on someone else’s premise, you should not be responsible for any injuries or damages you may have suffered as a result. It’s the premise owner’s responsibility to reduce risk and hazards on their property so others don’t fall victim to an injury that was entirely preventable. Contact Disparti Law Group at 888-861-7757 to discuss your case with one of our experienced Chicago premise liability lawyers today and take the first steps towards seeking the legal action you feel you’re entitled to.